[lbo-talk] "I never saw anything like this."

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Wed Jul 7 23:30:07 PDT 2004

Luke, what's the point? There is no one on writing to this list who thinks Saddam was a hero. The U.S. thought he was our man for a while, cover of Time magazine, etc. Not any more I guess.

I don't think Stephen was quoting "approvingly". It's a telling quote: it describes a level of resistance that the witness calls unprecedented. You can believe him or not.

I think it's clear that the Iraqis will not stomach imperialist rule, not even if it's mediated by home-grown troops. That's all.

If China invaded the U.S. tomorrow, after a decade of indiscriminate bombings, and then managed to find some American troops to do some of their killing for them, we might fight those troops too.

Joanna