[lbo-talk] i've never seen anything like this

Willy Greenfields filthydirtyunwashed at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 8 12:31:42 PDT 2004

I think even mentioning the Marshall Plan in the present context. I think intimate familiarity with the last 20 years of US elite rule show that they are totally disinterested in this sort of thing. Did Afghanistan receive anything of the sort after our proxy war against the puppet regime there? Did the former USSR get anything beyond bad advice and 'deals' at punitive terms? I believe it was Steve Cohen who said something about the term 'reform' having a pre-1991 normative content suggesting improvement. The reforms are now proceeding in Iraq, where that whole two per cent of the earmarked reconstruction funds Bush et al have spent to date serves as a pretty good measure of their commitment to betterment of the Iraqis' lot.

Suggesting that a Marshall Plan was an option or could be an option seems in bad faith, though I'm sure the Bushites won't hesitate to seize on such suggestions when it again comes time for them to attack next.