[lbo-talk] hot off the presses...

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Jul 9 10:33:12 PDT 2004

Ooops, sorry. Missent.

What it means is this: I had Lakshman on my radio show last night. He's research director at the Economic Cycles Research Institute, which produces a weekly leading index for the U.S. economy. The WLI has been trending downwards for the last several months (though it's still positive). He interpreted that as meaning that the economy will slow in the latter part of the year. This morning's reading on the WLI was up, so I asked him if that changed anything. As you can see, he said no.

Doug