[lbo-talk] Beyond Cosby: finding high quality analyses of contemporary racism and underclass sociology

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 9 13:22:22 PDT 2004

Now that the smoke’s cleared, the radiation level has diminished and the fires have gone out we can examine the wreckage of the racism/Cosby/”underclass pathology” debates to gather forensic data.

Although there’s near total agreement that almost nothing useful can come of parsing Cosby it would be a pity to leave the topic closed without offering alternative sources for alternative threads.

So, I’m wondering if anyone can recommend works (theory, telling anecdotes, what have you) by sharp thinkers and ‘ground level’ workers that deal with these issues in a comprehensive and thoughtful way.

.d.