[lbo-talk] jobs at NPR

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Jul 9 14:34:47 PDT 2004

[Apparently this memo went out recently to NPR staffers.]

uly 7, 2004

To: The staff From: Bill Marimow and Barbara Rehm

The search is on. We're looking for the best people in the business to cover the new beats at NPR News -- beats focused on the environment, labor and the workplace, technology, police and prisons, the media, international economics and on West Africa. Our goal is for these new beats to help NPR News generate more original news stories and more in-depth and enterprise pieces. We expect the reporters to break news. We also expect these reporters to become the top authorities in their field. And, we expect them to provide pieces that our competitors will have to match.

The deadline for applications is August 4. The job descriptions are posted on the Website. Thanks very much in advance for your help.