Fwd: Re: [lbo-talk] Number three friday

Bill Bartlett billbartlett at dodo.com.au
Fri Jul 9 19:40:34 PDT 2004

Addendum:

http://www.regional.org.au/au/asa/2001/plenery/1/fist.htm

Australia produced 51% of the world's morphine CPS in 1998, the most recent year for which figures are available (2). Turkey produced 23%, France 21% and Spain 4%. The other major producer is India, which manufactures the traditional product opium. Opium contains approximately 10% morphine, and smaller amounts of other alkaloids including thebaine. India's production of opium alkaloids is currently similar to that of Australia.

Bill