[lbo-talk] Double Standard: Israel and Saudi Arabia

Wilson Barber wilsonbarber at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 10 07:39:38 PDT 2004

I think Yoshie's right in her critique regarding the tone and tenor of the film and its implication even though Moore's intent was to do a film about the Bush Administration. Her critique is revealing and adds to the discussion of the film's impact.

I too think that Moore diminished Israel's role and the move was too heavily focused on the Saudis. Even Moore himself has expressed doubts (on Democracy Now!) regarding Bin Ladin role in the 9/11 -- and interestingly enough he *didn't* make that point in F911.

What I disagree with is the disparagement and McCarthy-like epitaphs of those who ask these question and point out these issues.

WB