[lbo-talk] Where the jobs are...

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Sun Jul 11 07:50:36 PDT 2004

joanna bujes wrote:

> This pronounced tilt toward low-end new jobs, Steve warns, poses a
> serious threat to the viability of the recovery and holds political
> implications as well. And since global labor arbitrage shapes up as no
> passing fancy, subpar job creation will likely be with us for quite a
> spell."
> __________________________
> I don't quite get the penultimate paragraph. What's the connection
> between "information technology" and outsourcing??? Otherwise, it is
> significant that this rather somber picture of new job growth is what
> other commentators are touting as a triumph of Bushite economic policy.
> "Praise the lord....Bush gave us jobs...."
>
> Joanna

This is the reality of the so-called "economic recovery." The job created have been ones that pay shit and they suck. I suspect that most people know this because they know people who have been forced to take shitty jobs in this economy when they used to work higher-paying jobs.

Young people just entering the job market see this too. They see the people with big resumes fighting with them over these low end jobs.

This is why Bush will lose in November.

Chuck0