[lbo-talk] Re: Beyond Cosby, ... part 2

R rhisiart at charter.net
Sun Jul 11 18:05:10 PDT 2004

the governor was george deukmejian, a "conservative" attorney/politician, with a positive knack for appointing campaign contributors and republican party donors to highly placed state jobs and judgeships which, naturally, they were completely incompetent for. george was one of a string of destructive "conservative" calif governors starting with, you guessed it, ronald raygoon. devoted congresspersons named a wilderness park after him. californians can all consider ourselves lucky that governor arnold named this jerk to head a review of the calif penal system.

incidentally, the prison guard lobby is the largest lobby in the state of calif.

The difference in golf and government is that in golf you can't improve your lie.

-- George Deukmejian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chuck Grimes" <cgrimes at rawbw.com> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Sunday, July 11, 2004 5:41 PM Subject: [lbo-talk] Re: Beyond Cosby, ... part 2

:
: In twenty years of technical writing, I've had exactly one great
: manager. Her name, oddly enough, was Angel. She lasted a few years and
: then she went back to being a regular writer. Joanna
:
: -------
:
: That's an interesting question. How many bosses and managers have been
: good at their job? In my experience of say thirty-five years, skipping
: construction, I had two bosses and exactly zero managers who were any
: good. The rest sucked in varying degrees from boring and stupid to
: nightmares from hell.
:
: My first real boss was one of about five guys who started the
: disabled students program. John H lasted about five years at UCB and
: then moved to Sacramento and became the chief state administrator for
: the county hospital system in California---he was tossed when the
: Republican governor Duke-something took office. And my last boss, John
: C was the best boss I ever had. His attitude was just do the job and
: