[lbo-talk] planning to "delay" the election

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Sun Jul 11 21:49:33 PDT 2004

Mr. Joel Wendland, of the supposedly post-Stalinist CPUSA, cites as an example of Republican perfidy:
>"...make sure Nader is the ballot in every state..."
And we see the Dumbocrats making every effort to deny the voters in every state, including of course all the "safe" ones, the democratic right to vote for any candidate opposed to the imperialist agenda they share with their Republicon playmates. Why, one might ask, are they doing this? Not merely, I think, to reassure the national-security-state apparatus that their support for the "USAPATRIOT" act and the Iraq aggression is really sincere. More important, now that Ubu and his Bushits have been well and truly dumped by the decisive sections of the ruling class, it is crucial that Kerry by plebiscited overwhelmingly without significant opposition from the left. The obstacle to that is Nader, far more than any or all of the left parties. In this conjuncture a left protest vote--for whatever alternative might sneak onto the ballot in any particular state--is the only option open to any self-respecting leftist (except, of course, anarchists who on principle always abstain from voting).

Shane Mage

"Thunderbolt steers all things."

Herakleitos of Ephesos, fr. 64