[lbo-talk] Re: planning to "delay" the election

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jul 12 08:41:02 PDT 2004

Dear List:

Shane writes:

> In this conjuncture a left protest vote—for whatever
alternative might sneak onto the ballot in any particular state--is the only option open to any self-respecting leftist except, of course, anarchists who on principle always abstain from voting).

There are other options open for any self-respecting leftist to follow. One is to work to defeat George Bush and his homophobic agenda. I do not believe that any self-respecting leftist would want to be an Bush enabler. I do acknowledge, however, that the anti-queer/anti-sex left and its queer quisling suppliants will be happy either to vote for a third party candidate or not to vote at all.

Brian Dauth Queer Buddhist Resister