[lbo-talk] Double Standard: Israel and Saudi Arabia

snit snat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Jul 12 11:20:22 PDT 2004

Not my experience at all! For one thing, here in Tampa, we've already had plenty of reporting on the Bin Laden brothers that were allowed to fly out shortly afterward. They were known to have been involved in funding al q. (see Tampa Trib covereage). No one had a hard time figuring out that it wasn't a grand conspiracy.

At 01:59 PM 7/12/2004, Carrol Cox wrote:

>As to Dennis's claim of "irrelevance" in respect to Yoshie's admittedly
>somewhat abstract point, that claim rings rather hollow on a list that
>has gloried in criticizing "The Left" in rather more abstract terms over
>the last few years. (E.g., all the whining and squalling about "bad"
>left writers on a list to which none of the alleged violaters were
>either named or on the list. Either seriously face Yoshie's point or
>never again dare to quote Marx's remark about criticizing all that is. I
>too am somewhat skeptical of Yoshie's argument here, but I haven't been
>among the chorus of critics of the generic left and "all that is."

It should be criticized, the film. But doing so in orde to discredit Moore as a closet Democrat and racist is not exactly the best way to criticize a film. It is a way to USE the film to bludgeon other leftists.

Kelley