[lbo-talk] Clintonian Kerry; More on 'Terror'

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 12 12:04:03 PDT 2004

Two items: -------- Hopefully some of you caught the embarrassing performance by John Kerry and John Edwards on 60 Minutes last night. They were Clintonesque in the way they hedged and parsed everything they were saying.

Leslie Stahl asked Kerry directly: "Are you for or against the war?"

Kerry: "I'm against the way in which the Bush administration got us into the war."

Stahl tried her question about three more times: "But are you for or against the war?" Kerry kept repeating his hedgy answer, and Edwards joined him, insisting that they had answered the question.

For all people still in pathological denial about the Democrats and war, get it straight. The Democrats answer to the same interests, and are just as war-mongering, as the Republicans. The only difference is that Democrats smile while they kill people, and are more imaginative about creating the excuses to do it.

The sickest part is that Americans have always supported "strong" presidents who "like" war. Post-9/11 conditioning has made this even stronger. (If Kerry simply said, "Yes I'm for the war". I think his poll numbers would actually increase.)

This could all be a moot point, of course. See below.

Essay: Postponement of the November Election - by Michael C. Ruppert

- The Bush administration has asked for legislation enabling it to postpone the November election as a result of a terror attack. While worded very carefully to suggest that an attack must take place for such a move; I do not see either of the below stories unequivocally state that, if granted, these powers might not also permit elections to be “postponed” on merely a well-publicized threat. Don’t believe the press stories. Read the legislation when it is introduced to see what it says there. If that discretion is included then we are at the edge of an abyss more dangerous than anything we have ever faced.

Read Now at http://www.fromthewilderness.com