[lbo-talk] Art and Politics

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 13 09:47:05 PDT 2004

I don't think that is being a stickler. I think you are correct. Outside of the West, a specific national/ethnic identification would be in order.

Good point.

Joel Wendland --- I think it would be interesting but probably impossible to learn to what extent and how long those ethnic/tribal differences survived survived being enslaved and shipped to the New World. Presumably two or more slaves from a common group would bond together. A lot of them probably spoke mutually unintelligible languages, I guess.

I'm overlimit, I'm outta here!