[lbo-talk] Bush's best-paid advisors mostly male

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Tue Jul 13 17:09:11 PDT 2004

Despite "feminist" progress -- mainly window dressing for the fact that women now have two jobs, women cannot actually by women and succeed. They need to look like transvestites. I remember Josephine Miles (only tenured woman prof at UC Berkeley English Dept for a long time) that she was a safe woman because she was wheelchair-bound.

It would be fair to say however that similarly to women not being able to be obviously female, it's also not OK for men to be male. Even a little bit of sexiness/passion is absolutely fatal politically. That's why everybody looks like they're made out of cardboard. Even Koizumi with his wild mane of hair, is more pure image than anything else. And that's the point. That's because the body (working class) and the mind (ruling class) must be widely separated in the psychic imagination...otherwise, God knows, it would be the end of the world.

Joanna