[lbo-talk] Americas Leftists, Michael Moore, and Ralph Nader

snit snat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Jul 13 22:02:59 PDT 2004

At 12:26 AM 7/14/2004, Shane Mage wrote:
>Doug wrote:
>".... you find it impossible to believe that anyone who votes for Kerry is
>against wars, occupations, and empire."
>
>I have no doubt, alas, that many people who vote for Kerry are
>"against wars, occupations, and empire." The fact remains that
>in voting for Kerry they are *voting* for exactly those things--
>and, in all but four or five states, without even the excuse that
>their vote might help avoid even worse "wars, occupations, and empire."
>
>Shane Mage

If Nader had a serious chance, he'd be the same as the Demlicans and Republicrats.

But I have a question for you, Shane. What you wrote the other night had me mulling it over all day yesterday. Even considering pulling a lever for someone else besides Kerry here in FL. I wouldn't be caught dead voting for Nader so I might simply abstain or vote for Joe's dog. At any rate, you pointed out that you thought Shrubya had been abandoned and, thus, it's likely Kerry will win.

I disagree with your assessment. I still think it's Shrubya's to lose b/c of the EC. As far as I can see, his support isn't wavering.

Be that as it may, what is the point of voting Nader? You seemed to suggest it was to send a message to the Demlicans. What message? Why will they listen?

Kelley

"We're in a fucking stagmire."

--Little Carmine, 'The Sopranos'