[lbo-talk] Americas Vichy Left vs. Michael Moore

Michael Pugliese michael098762001 at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 14 07:11:26 PDT 2004

http://timblair.spleenville.com/archives/007044.php June 29, 2004 MORE MOORE THAN EVER BEFORE

Leading US consumer advocate Ralph Nader on leading US consumer Michael Moore:

I've been at him for years, saying 'you've got to lose weight.' Now, he's doubled. Private exhortations aren't working. It's extremely serious. He's over 300 pounds. He's like a giant beach ball.

Yet, in his promotional material, Moore seems to be shedding mass like an earthbound meteorite. Nader should investigate. Is this corporate-financed millionaire lying? http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2004/06/22/mikemoore23.jpg UPDATE II. The Smoking Gun reports that Moore hasn’t voted since October 2001. So much for 2002’s Payback Tuesday: http://www.whoseflorida.com/mm-election-day.htm Comments

In "Stupid White Men," which I hasten to add I read at the library rather than buying it, Moore talks about the eating habits and obesity of his fellow Americans. He urges people to get some exercise and eat healthfully. He also criticizes SUV's and other gas hogs.

I'm one of those people Orwell had in mind when he talked about those driven to a perverse Toryism by the excesses of the left. Does anyone think that if Rush Limbaugh, say, had written such words the media would not heavily publicize his weight and the fact that he owns several vehicles, one of which is indeed an SUV? Posted by: Alex Bensky at June 29, 2004 at 12:30 AM

Whats with that insipid grin he always seems to have. It makes him look like his parents were brother and sister. Posted by: nic at June 29, 2004 at 12:35 AM

Surely Nader realizes that Moore's weight is a prop, like his clothes, hair and stupid baseball hat. When you see him walking around Manhattan, he's dressed like a McKinsey consultant.

The beer belly is part of the "oafish American stereotype" costume he wears to flatter the prejudices of his European and NPR-American audiences. a gotta understand. Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz fly in through Michael Moore's window at night and stuff him full of donuts and pizza and good Rexas BBQ'n'chili against his will, as he pleads piteously for mercy. That's why he hates this administration. Posted by: richard mcenroe at June 29, 2004 at 01:47 AM -- Michael Pugliese