[lbo-talk] The Politics of Fear

martin mschiller at pobox.com
Wed Jul 14 10:40:51 PDT 2004

This is the second time in recent weeks that I've been struck by what I can only view as your elitist posturing. Intellectualism? The sitting president is where he is in large part due to his anti-intellectual positions. He has enervated a core constituency on this basis alone, apparently. There should be a message in there that you could use to develop a more popular position for your political agenda and constituency and thereby broaden your own base.

Martin

On Jul 14, 2004, at 10:08 AM, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
> Some ABB intellectuals appear to imagine that the ABB intellectual
> chorus has negative impacts only on

and

> About half of the eligible electorate do not bother to vote -- some
> because they do not have time, some because they don't think elections
> matter.  Some non-voters, however, do not vote because neither the
> Democratic nor the Republican Party addresses their needs and
> concerns, desires and aspirations, and it is important to at least try
> to give them a reason to participate in politics.

Apparently the third parties have not set fire to the 'needs and concerns, desires and aspiration' either.