[lbo-talk] Americas Vichy Left vs. Michael Moore

Gregory Geboski greg at mail.unionwebservices.com
Wed Jul 14 12:27:27 PDT 2004

chris Doss wrote:

<< Btw the last time I checked Ames didn't identify as a leftist. He said he was an "inconsistent rightwinger." >>

OK, so he's a self-defeating rightwinger.

In the US at least, he seems to be addressing a Left audience (to the point where he's offering advice on how to be more effective!), so, yeah, "inconsistent" seems the least of it. Rhetorically, he's isolating himself from the very audience he purports to address. Not a strange thing in US intellectual culture, where the maverick is often praised for being nothing more than a maverick. But ironic in this context, to say the least, given his argument.

---------- Original Message ---------------------------------- From: Chris Doss <lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com> Reply-To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 00:54:40 -0700 (PDT)