[lbo-talk] Re: Voting and Its Outcomes

snit snat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Jul 14 18:02:36 PDT 2004

At 08:28 PM 7/14/2004, Christian Gregory wrote:
> >Symbolic votes are a lot like Symbolist poetry:
>
>And if you start dissing Symbolist poetry, you're gonna have an ugly fight
>on your hands. Verlaine and Mallarme lumped in with the Naderites!? For
>shame! :)
>
>Christian
>
>Lautremont for President!

:)

"Despair, feeding upon the foregone conclusion of its phantasmagoria, imperturbably guides man..to wickedness. In a word, causes the human backside to predominate in reasoning...I shall not retract what I propose. I desire that my poetry may be read by a young girl of fourteen years."

--Comte de Lautreamont, Les Chantes de Maldoror

"We're in a fucking stagmire."

--Little Carmine, 'The Sopranos'