[lbo-talk] Re: el sid on the senate intelligence report

jimi ayler jimi_ayler at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 15 07:05:08 PDT 2004

trying not to engage in too much "groupthink" myself, i didn't pay very close attention to how the senate released that recvent report criticizing the CIA for the errors in intelligence leading up to the iraq invasion. my bad -- perhaps it will come as a big surprise for you as it did for me to discover, as christopher hitchens' favorite reporter and clinton adminstration functionary, sidney blumenthal, writes in today's salon.com, we only got literally half of the picture from this report:

"By virtue of a deal struck before the committee conducted its investigation, the belligerent Republican majority got timorous Democrats to separate the inquiry into halves, leaving the question of the Bush administration's culpability for a second report, almost certainly to be filed after the election, if at all. This unholy arrangement enabled the report to put the burden of blame on the CIA..."

http://www.salon.com/opinion/blumenthal/2004/07/15/intelligence/index.html

Art is algebra plus fire.

-- Borges

_____music+writing+webart+multimedia performance