[lbo-talk] Re: Voting and Its Outcomes

Bill Bartlett billbartlett at dodo.com.au
Thu Jul 15 07:34:11 PDT 2004

At 4:29 PM -0700 14/7/04, BklynMagus wrote:

>Shane wrote:
>
>>An equally arguable position is that, by replacing an incompetent moron
>>with a competent hack, US imperialism will greatly improve its international
>>position and thus result in even greater suffering throughout the
>>world.
>
>But the issue of US imperialism is not the only one that will be taken up by
>the next administration. Do you believe/have evidence that the policies of
>Bush 2 and Kerry 1 will have the same functional effect in the queer and
>black communities?

Its worse than that, the functional effect of the democrat is not merely "the same", its actually worse.

"Let's be honest here. its only because of Bush and his idiot

actions that we're now going to get the arsenic reduced. the whole

clamor put the issue in the public's mind--and it hasn't left. [...]

Sad to say, but it was having a prick, not a slick, in the White

House that made this happen."

-Michael Moore, Stupid White men.

Moore seems to have worked out what you haven't: "Evil that's out in the open, not hiding in liberal sheep's clothing, can be much easier to confront and eradicate."

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas