[lbo-talk] Re: amy goodman's interview of dennis kucinich

jimi ayler jimi_ayler at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 15 14:16:40 PDT 2004

>Unfortunately, the TV version is truly crappy; like a
>lot of the stuff on Free Speech TV from what I've
>seen so far, the production values were really low.
>It was basically Goodman and Gonzalez doing their
>radio show on TV, looking down at their papers a lot
>rather than looking into the camera, and so on...

oy vey! i guess d.n.'s free speech tv "simulcast" doesn't quite rise to the gold standard of such tv-via-radio shows as imus' and howard stern's (last i saw, which was admittedly a while ago, don was wearing "cans")...maybe she should get more lesbian strippers. provided they do their own makeup, of course...shouldn't want anyone to think that, in and among their other self-inflicted failings, the left skimps on maybelline...

incidentally, free speech tv started out as a website and servcice to cable access, streaming grassroots docs before they actually became a "broadcaster", much like paper tiger tv before them. that they were able to make a presence, however meager, in the media well in advance of the indymedia movement with almost no $$ whatsoever is much more meaningful to me than a lack of production values directly related to a lack of production resources.

and too bad amy's specific questions to rep. kucinich aren't informed enough to satify doug. i smell issues coming off of mr. henwood's comments in re: ms. goodman like the proverbial muhfuh. by all means, doug -- who, i believe, does the best show on wbai, after the "underground railroad"...and "democracy now," of course -- discuss.

=====

I've gotta say, after hearing so much about inefficiency and incompetence in Iraq, it's amazing we actually got to sovereignty ahead of schedule. We're like the Domino's Pizza of liberation!...Does this mean we'll be bringing the troops home two days ahead of schedule?

- get your war on: http://www.mnftiu.cc/mnftiu.cc/war37.html

_____music+writing+webart+multimedia performance