[lbo-talk] GOP Pollsters: Undecideds Poised to Break For Kerry

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Jul 16 09:20:42 PDT 2004

Guilherme wrote:

>Isn't the bush strategy to 'energise the base'? If so is it
>correct to assume they're writing off these undecideds? Is it even
>correct to assume these undecideds are in the middle?

It seems independents have been leaning towards Kerry, which isn't good news for W. Also, Bush has been spending time in places like rural Wisconsin and the upper peninsula of Michigan - heavily Republican but with few votes. I know he doesn't like going where he's not popular, but if they're spending so much time shoring up the base, they must be worried.

Doug