[lbo-talk] LBO-talk Fundrace

John Thornton jthorn65 at mchsi.com
Fri Jul 16 16:38:18 PDT 2004

>> > [It's hard to believe he's eating that all himself. But opinions may
>> differ
>> > on that score in view of the following:
>> > <http://www.j-bradford-delong.net/Career/pictures.html>]
>> >
>> > Carl
>> >

>>I noticed we don't get past two or three posts re:Delong without
>>a fat joke (kinda like the obligatory comments about Michael Moore
>>in discussions of F 9/11). It's interesting to me how people
>>who are mortified at jokes about lazy blacks think nothing about
>>making comments like those above.
>
>I think you're comparing apples and white-flesh nectarines. I am am very
>deeply unconcerned about offending J. Bradford DeLong.
>
>But for my repeat overposting I do apologize.
>
>Carl

You offend more than just Brad when you point out somebodies weight as something to be ridiculed. I'm willing to bet that you're aware of this too. It's hardly ultra-PC to ask people on a list such as this, that espouses a tolerant mind set, to refrain from making comments that suggest some negative connection between body type and "worthiness".

John Thornton