[lbo-talk] LBO-talk Fundrace

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 17 06:54:27 PDT 2004

>From: DeborahSRogers <debburz at yahoo.com>
>
>Yoshie, why the obsessive demand that if someone is so frustrated or
>focused about removing Bush that they *must* give money to prove the
>passion of their beliefs?

I'm flabbergasted to find myself a financial supporter of Kerry, which I had no intention of being. I went downtown last evening to do an errand and on a street corner was asked by a cheery young woman to make a donation to Kerry and sign something or other in support of him. I promptly signed and whisked out five bucks. For one thing, I thought it was important not to put a damper on her enthusiasm; for another, I thought it was useful, on that crowded sidewalk, to communicate postive interest in Kerry.

A long way of saying that C. Cox is right when he talks about the importance of local organization.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Overwhelmed by debt? Find out how to ‘Dig Yourself Out of Debt’ from MSN Money. http://special.msn.com/money/0407debt.armx