[lbo-talk] Arab-Americans: Kerry, 51%; Bush, 24%; Nader, 13%

John Lacny jlacny at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 17 08:16:54 PDT 2004

Shane Mage asks:

> This *alone* in merely four states, is a swing sufficient
> to *double* the Dumbocrats' 2000 plurality. Has
> anyone claimed a countervailing swing among *any*
> group in favor of the doomed Ubu/Dickhead ticket?

The continued decline in union density -- mostly through job losses -- means that there are fewer union members. Even with the heightened turnout efforts by unions this year, labor has to work harder just to reproduce its numbers from 2000. I know that this is a factor in Pennsylvania, where labor basically made the difference for Gore's victory in 2000; we have lost so many union jobs in the past four years that a much higher union turnout and better actual voting choices by union members will only reproduce that 2000 result, not exceed it. Thankfully Bush is unpopular enough right now that he is consistently behind about 5 or 6 points in the polls in this state, but a lot could change in the coming months.

- - - - - John Lacny http://www.johnlacny.com

People of the US, unite and defeat the Bush regime and all its running dogs!