[lbo-talk] LBO-talk Fundrace

John Thornton jthorn65 at mchsi.com
Sat Jul 17 13:58:58 PDT 2004

>Let's go to the videotape:
>
>1. Margaret Thatcher has no (non-surgical) choice but to be a woman.
>
>2. Justice Thomas has no choice but to be black.
>
>3. Brad DeLong has *ample choice* as to how many avocados, plums, pluots,
>white-flesh nectarines and big sticky donuts he will ingest.
>
>Where, logically speaking, is my error, Mr. Torquemada?
>
>Carl

The error is your assumption that Brad is overweight BECAUSE of some personal failure in his ability to control himself where caloric intake is concerned. Unless you are his personal physician you do not know that. Why is it so hard for you to accept that making comments about people that imply something negative about them because of their weight is indefensible? Are you really that screamingly obtuse? While I'm certain you never forget to place an apostrophe where one is needed you hardly make up for that amazing talent with your logical inconsistencies. My lack of use of occasional apostrophes in an email ranks right up there with my spelling error. How will I ever live down the shame? Perhaps everyone should send you their posts to proof read before they are posted? I've certainly seem my share of spelling errors on this list but don't recall them meriting your attention. These are extremely weak and quite pathetic criticisms, but hey, you go with what you've got.

John Thornton