[lbo-talk] Left Behind: Race and the Second Amendment

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 18 07:47:24 PDT 2004

>From: Miles Jackson <cqmv at pdx.edu>
>
>On Sat, 17 Jul 2004, joanna bujes wrote:
>
> > That's the ones about guns....right? That's easy. If the cops have guns,
> > I want one too.
> >
> > Joanna
> >

>That's my wife's take on it too: push comes to shove, we neo-colonists
>will need our muskets to pick off the redcoats again.
>
>Miles

No, thank you very much. I don't value my odds in that type of asymmetrical warfare -- standing in the doorway of my home with a six-shooter like Yosemite Sam, holding off the assembled might of the Pentagon.

BTW, concerning doomed survivalism, one golden moment of F911 that I have not seen praised enough is that excerpt from the preposterous marketing video made by that safe-room manufacturer. I think the glowing vision offered there -- of imprisoning yourself in an armored Port-O-San so that you safely "enjoy life, sipping a fine Bordeaux" (or words to that effect) -- is the perfect encapsulation of what the pursuit of happiness has devolved to in today's US.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar – get it now! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/