[lbo-talk] Guns

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 18 10:37:05 PDT 2004

>From: joanna bujes <jbujes at covad.net>
>
>... There's no reason for a state park ranger to carry a gun, mace, and
>handcuffs.

Actually that's a sensible precaution. It's in case park visitors exercise their constitutional right to keep and arm bears.

>From: "Dennis Perrin" <dperrin at comcast.net>
>
>As for allowing the state a monopoly on firepower, I'm generally against
>it,
>tho, as Carl says, if the state comes down on you, there's only so much
>resistance you can put up before you're crushed (see: Waco).

Exactly. The left stands zero chance of beating the Forces That Be in a contest of arms. The left's only real option is to combat those forces in a battle of wits -- an area where, it must be admitted, the left has the more impressive arsenal.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Don’t just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http://search.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200636ave/direct/01/