[lbo-talk] Left Behind: Race and the Second Amendment

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 18 14:42:55 PDT 2004

Dennis wrote:

"As I said before, I ask out of curiosity, not hostility. I genuinely wanna know how many LBOers have fired off live rounds, and if they have, how did they feel about it."

I have fired several guns at a few ranges close to me, and only because I was invited by family members who are into that sort of thing [A couple of NRA members, one of whom voted for Nader in 2000]. Guns fired include an antique WW1 service revolver, a Ruger of some sort [the type escapes me], and a .50 Desert Eagle that was rented from the firing range. I believe that one was Israeli-made.

I didn't especially enjoy the experience. To be honest, standing in the shooting gallery with other people -- complete strangers who could be total loons for all I know -- who are also firing live ammunition was pretty unsettling.