[lbo-talk] Left Behind: Race and the Second Amendment

Gregory Geboski greg at mail.unionwebservices.com
Sun Jul 18 17:17:26 PDT 2004

Joanna Bujes wrote:

<< Actually, I thought he [Moore] did offer a good hypothesis: he asserted that Americans are whipped up into a frightened/paranoid frenzy more than any other people on earth. >>

... and which he tied to a US history of violent racial oppression. (A subject he supposedly avoids, per the gist of an earlier thread here.)

When I saw "Bowling...", I was amazed to find such as ambitious thesis in a (darkly) humorous work directed at a mass audience. Yes, the film was "flawed." The flaws were a product of the film's ambition. And most of it worked.

---------- Original Message ---------------------------------- From: joanna bujes <jbujes at covad.net> Reply-To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 09:45:59 -0700