[lbo-talk] Bohemian Grove

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 19 21:48:59 PDT 2004

Doug wrote: [J. Wanzala, you're falling down on the job! How'd you miss this?]

It's not that I am falling down on the job, it's that because I have so effectively inculcated the LBO list with the dreaded 'paranoid style' I can now sit back and watch even an arch-anti-conspiracist like yourself post stuff like this :)

The Bohemian Grove as you know has been meeting for decades and every year there are articles in the Chronicle about the goings ons there. But I the prominence length and depth of this article is quite unprecedented and I think it has to do with the way in which 'conspiracy politics' has moved from the margin of political discource toward the center since November 2000. I think there is simultaneously a growing public dread for and acknowledgement of the unofficial, even criminal, channels through which state power is exercised and subverted and a bizzare fascination with and veneration of it. ____________________

<http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2004/07/18/SFCLUBS.TMP>

San Francisco Chronicle - July 18, 2004

Members only S.F.'s exclusive clubs carry on traditions of fellowship, culture -- and discrimination

Adair Lara, Chronicle Staff Writer

On Saturday, some 2,000 CEOs and politicos and arty types arrived at the cool redwoods and lily-choked lake of the Grove, the famous Russian River playground of the powerful Bohemian Club.