[lbo-talk] Ends and Odds

paul rise at foord.ca
Tue Jul 20 12:59:29 PDT 2004

My point wasn't to personalize the debate or actually, literally accuse Chuck0 of driving around in a mercedes [I'm obviously not going to start posting personal details like what kind of car Chuck0 drives], and I apologize for any confusion here.

My point is that it is reprehensible for Chuck0, who lives in privilege, to simply write off and advocate the abolition of services for those who do *not* experience the privilege he does. Rather than trying to abolish social assistance because it is part of "the reformist state", most revs with compassion for their fellow human beings, and an understanding that not everyone has this privilege, would advocate espanding the programs of the reformist state, *within the context of dually promoting a revolutionary movement*.

- paul