[lbo-talk] Second editor killed in 10 days as fear grips Moscow

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 21 06:16:07 PDT 2004

This puts me over limit, but just wanted to comment on this silly bit of the article:

"The Russian media itself made far less of Mr Peloyan's murder, possibly because as an Armenian hailing from a part of the former Soviet Union once ruled by the Russians, he would not be considered a bona fide foreigner like Mr Klebnikov."

I would suggest that the Russian media itself made far less of Mr. Peloyan's murder because KLEBNIKOV IS A CELEBRITY. He was a best-selling author in Russia and on TV often. Nobody ever heard of Peloyan outside of the Armenian community. It's like comparing Bob Woodward and someone who writes for a Spanish-language arts newspaper in New York.