[lbo-talk] Ivan Illich

budge budge at el-pleasant.org
Wed Jul 21 07:46:21 PDT 2004

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 at 10:36pm joanna bujes wrote:

> Great stuff, thanks. Now there's a project for the somnolent
> left...articulating a vernacular curriculum, laying the base for the
> teaching of a new science, a new humanities!!! Home schooling wouldn't
> have to be so brain dead...

i do not want my surgeon to learn anatomy by "infusing it with political meaning". thanks, but no thanks. as imperfect as the current education systems is, this feel-good crap from Illich (which I have encountered before -- Jerry Brown is a big fan) is not the answer.

-- no Onan

Truth is the most valuable thing we have - so let us economize it.

-- Mark Twain