[lbo-talk] Anti-Chomsky Reader

DeborahSRogers debburz at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 21 07:56:58 PDT 2004

Doug asked:

> What is it about the left that it draws so many people of gloomy
> temperament who only want to see the worst in the world? We used
> be about possibility, transformation, finding the seeds of the new
> in
> the womb of the old. Now we're about why everything sucks and is
> getting worse.

Possibly because the Left is aging and/or tired? And I mean tired in the broadest sense, from not enough Geritol and creaky joints to just tired of perceiving that they are spinning their wheels, regardless of whether the perception is valid or not. Tired people do get rather cranky.

- Deborah R.

=====

" How come people always flip and think they're Jesus? Why not Buddha? Particularly in America, where more people resemble Buddha than Jesus. 'Ah'm BUDDHA!' 'You're Bubba!' 'Ah'm Buddha now..All I gotta do is change 3 letters on ma belt...' " - Bill Hicks