[lbo-talk] Anti-Chomsky Reader

mike larkin mike_larkin2001 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 21 18:59:53 PDT 2004

--- Chuck0 <chuck at mutualaid.org> wrote:
> Michael Pugliese wrote:
>
> > Fight like hell, amazon.com, Borders and Barnes
> and Noble. Michael
> > the mgr. at longtime radical bookstore here,
> Modern Times says their
> > sales are down catastrophically.

Can I suggest that outside of the big cities, the value of independent bookstores is vastly over-rated? Ten years ago, there were no chain bookstores here in central CT (and no independents of any value). Now I'm only ten minutes away from at least three bookstores chock full of Chomsky, served up by kids with nifty punk rock haircuts. How is this a bad thing?