[lbo-talk] Anti-Chomsky Reader

Michael Pugliese michael098762001 at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 22 06:20:48 PDT 2004

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 18:59:53 -0700 (PDT), mike larkin <mike_larkin2001 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Can I suggest that outside of the big cities, the
> value of independent bookstores is vastly over-rated?
> Ten years ago, there were no chain bookstores here in
> central CT (and no independents of any value). Now I'm
> only ten minutes away from at least three bookstores
> chock full of Chomsky, served up by kids with nifty
> punk rock haircuts. How is this a bad thing?

Location, location goes the saying.

Yup, when I venture outside the radlib bubble here in SF and Berkeley/Oakland, like a visit w/ my Sister, who lives close to Colorado Springs, Ground Zero of the Xtian Right yahoos, the Borders stores w/ their vast stock of lefty books, same selection as SF Union Square was a haven of sanity. So, in the vast stretches of the USA w/o an indy left bookstore, go to Borders.

-- Michael Pugliese