[lbo-talk] Juan Cole: al Qaeda, Iran and Bush's gathering attack

snit snat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Jul 22 10:52:36 PDT 2004

This seems INCREDIBLY obvious to me and I'm flabbergasted that no one's mentioned how it seems clear that the neocons are laying the ground work for Iran. Tell me that a Kerry administration would wage war on Iran. Don't give me any crap about my vote either: I;m 90% in favor of Joe's Dog and i live in limpdick!

Did anyone catch that reDICKulous piece of fear, uncertainty, and doubt that traversed the internet like wildfire over last weekend? People are desperate for any piece of news that will stave off cognitive dissonance. Terr (tm) in the Skies! Oh Henny Penny! The sky is falling. Parking lot 'em all!

At 01:30 PM 7/22/2004, Michael Pollak wrote:

>http://www.juancole.com/2004_07_01_juancole_archive.html#109034417600472498
>
> Wednesday, July 21, 2004
>
> Iran in Bush's Sights
>
> The same techniques used to get up the Iraq war are now being applied
> by the political Right in the United States, including President Bush,
> to Iran. These include innuendo, guilt by association, vague fears,
> and hyped capabilities. If Bush gets a second term, it seems very
> likely that his administration will make war on Iran.

"We're in a fucking stagmire."

--Little Carmine, 'The Sopranos'