[lbo-talk] Bohemian Grove

Michael Pugliese michael098762001 at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 22 17:21:33 PDT 2004

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 16:07:39 -0700, martin <mschiller at pobox.com> wrote:

> Do you see the left demonizing and scapegoating in their own right for
> their own ends?

Back in the 90's during the Bosnian and Kosovar conflicts, I went to many a demo organized by the IAC/ANSWER/WWP. The worst one w/ their speakers like Michael Parenti, had speakers also from groups to the Right of the Serbian Unity Congress (SUC itself is very conservative, a few of their leaders gave big $'ers in the five figures to Pat Buchanan in '92 and '96) and Chetnik loons too in the hundreds. Lots of demonization of muslims from the stage and in the audience. (And ironic given the origins of the KLA in Hoxhaiite and Maoist student mileaus in Pristina.) Big part of the reason why I, along w/ Nathan, Chuck and others here and elsewhere, fought the attempted hegemonizing of the peace movement demos by the WWP/IAC/ANSWER creeps. Who aren't for peace anyway. Never saw a Tank they didn't like mowing down workers in Budapest or students in Beijing in '91. http://www.workers.org/ww/tienanmen.html

-- Michael Pugliese