[lbo-talk] Anti-Chomsky Reader

Gary? sladeg at verizon.net
Thu Jul 22 17:56:04 PDT 2004

Liza Featherstone wrote:

> Using it to express simple
> hostility to female low-wage workers and their bodies just isn't good
> enough.

no, this is a common working class broad stroke that encompasses both male and female, the disembodied voice was that of a male. I have no hostility toward low wage female workers , I am myself a stupid twat sometimes. One of the problems with you intellectuals is this preoccupation with dissecting every fucking sentence and giving greater import to a word than necessary. We end up with offense where there is none and a waste of emotion, in Europe swearing rarely has gender, I can call a woman a stupid prick and a man a stupid twat, it would rarely be taken in offense, the context hold the power not the word. You can hold your body labels sacred and take umbrage with casual usage. You can chastise me for shooting the messenger instead of the corporate ad people who produced this aural invasion or we can just ignore a flippant remark or we can wonder at a people who spend billions on pornography but shun nudity.

Gary? ride si sapis