[lbo-talk] Re:

snit snat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Jul 23 07:13:24 PDT 2004

At 09:18 AM 7/23/2004, Carrol Cox wrote:

>snit snat wrote:
> >
>This is the first post I've read on whatever this topic is so I don't
>know the history. But the internet is filled with posts from someone
>else than the nominal address on them;

yah. That's what I was explaining. Like I said, one of my clients CEO's e-mail address is being used to send herbal viagara spam and everyone thinks it's him. It's not, but the guy is mortified and really peeved b/c it was VP of marketing who managed to open the malwre and infect his machine. ha ha ha.

It looks like someone who has Dano's address and the Lbo address in their address book has an infected machine.

On further research, I read that there've been complaints flying around about ILSTU.edu addresses and virus messages (as well a pr0n spam), but ILSTU.edu says their machines not infected, that they are being spoofed. I thought that might be the case but I just got off an hour long phone call, so I didn't have time to write you/the list.

It's an incestuous little beasty, stealing addresses out of address books and using some to forge headers and spoof from addresses, while using the rest of the addresses in the book to replicate itself.

Microsoft's Outhouse needs to go the way of the rotary dial telephone, right along with Exploder. Not that other OSes/apps are impervious to malware, mind you but....

"We're in a fucking stagmire."

--Little Carmine, 'The Sopranos'