[lbo-talk] re: "outfoxed" #1 at amazon.com

jimi ayler jimi_ayler at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 23 09:17:21 PDT 2004

a fellow multimedia artist pal (damian catera, creator the video "hot bush" and its sequel, "hot dick") saw this at one of the moveon.org events last sunday and was suitably impressed. i think the WHOLE cable news "reportage" of the lead up to the current iraq-mire deserves to be whittled down to a _point of order_ rapier, which should then be used to parry and shame every "journalist" who contributed to the war fever that gripped the country last year for eternity, or for however long digital video lasts.

did anyone else see this yet? thoughts?

here's another way indie bookstores can outfox the big box -- sponsor a screening or five of this! AND _the revolution will not be televised_. AND _point of order_. AND, &c., &c...

_________________________

"It's showtime for 'Outfoxed'

Controversial documentary about Rupert Murdoch's media empire tops Amazon's best-selling list.

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Move over Michael Moore. It's Robert Greenwald's time to shine.

"Outfoxed - Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism," an anti-Fox News Channel documentary directed by Greenwald, has topped the best-selling DVD list on Amazon.com, beating out pre-orders for the widescreen edition of "Star Wars Trilogy" and Mel Gibson's "The Passion of the Christ. (<-- !! sorry, mel)"

http://money.cnn.com/2004/07/22/news/newsmakers/outfoxed/index.htm

=====

I've gotta say, after hearing so much about inefficiency and incompetence in Iraq, it's amazing we actually got to sovereignty ahead of schedule. We're like the Domino's Pizza of liberation!...Does this mean we'll be bringing the troops home two days ahead of schedule?

- get your war on: http://www.mnftiu.cc/mnftiu.cc/war37.html

_____music+writing+webart+multimedia performance