[lbo-talk] Be All You Can Be

snit snat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Jul 23 13:28:55 PDT 2004

This isn't true. There's an incredibly famous Brazilian plastic surgeon who usually does facelifts for the wealthy. Every year, donates his expertise to reconstructing the bodies and faces of poor Brazilians. There _is_ a connection and a guy who's had his chest blown apart will be glad that the surgeon practiced on enhancement surgery. As the PS my son saw said, most of his work is for reconstructing people with various deformities. It wasn't some ritzy facelift factory, though he did those on occ. too.

That said, that is also why I said what I said in close, "the gov't has always been about producing commodities". You bet those soldiers are going to do whatever they can so they have a highly marketable skill when they get out of the service. You have a problem with them working the system for their own benefit?

I know 10 guys who were in the military, and you bet your ass they wish they'd been able to make sure they got some marketable skills. But the military needs people to do stuff for which there is seldom a marketable equivalent in civilian life and they usually don't give a rat's ass about helping these people make the transition. They also give them a load of hoo hah about what they can do with their training and usually find themselves stuck in some track that pretty much allows for no flexibility.

As I said, the gist of your story lies elsewhere. But, I wouldn't be so sure that someone learning how to do a liposuction isn't also learning how to draw fat from the body which can then be used in a reconstructive surgery.

Kelley