[lbo-talk] Sudan: The Passion of the Present

Michael Pugliese michael098762001 at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 26 06:39:57 PDT 2004

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 06:29:34 -0700 (PDT), Chris Doss <lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Just looked at thefirst one, and it describes a
> situation of brutal ethnic war, not genocide.

I'm not gonna argue w/ you. The website webmaster wrote the headline I didn't. It has a wealth of information, explore it.

This was ridiculous though>... If I a North Korean PR guy, I would be more spiffy...

As if a KCNA hack has any autonomy. Step out of line get sent to Camp 22. http://www.hrnk.org/hiddengulag/part1.html SATELLITE PHOTOGRAPHS Satellite Imagery of the North Korean Gulag Matthew McKinzie, Natural Resources Defense Council

[Photographs are formatted as both PDF and JPG] Map of Selected North Korean Prison Camp Locations, [PDF] [JPG]

Kwan-li-so No. 15, Yodok, South Hamgyong Province Annotations: KANG Chol Hwan Partial Overview [PDF], [JPG] Detail of Knup-ri District, [PDF] [JPG] Detail of Knup-ri District, [PDF] [JPG] Detail of Knup-ri District, [PDF] [JPG] Detail of Yongpyong-ri District, [PDF] [JPG] Detail of Yongpyong-ri District, [PDF] [JPG] Detail of Pyongchang-ri District, [PDF] [JPG] Detail of Limsan Valley, [PDF] [JPG] Detail of Prison Workers’ Unit 4 Village, [PDF] [JPG] Detail of Ipsok-ri District, [PDF] [JPG] Detail of Gold Mine Village, [PDF] [JPG]

Kwan-li-so Nos. 14 and 18, Kaechon and Bukchang, South Hamgyong Province Annotations: KIM Yong Partial Overview, [PDF] [JPG] Detail of No. 18, 6th Division, [PDF] [JPG] Detail of No. 18, 6th Division, [PDF] [JPG] Detail of No. 18, 6th Division, [PDF] [JPG] Detail of No. 18, 4th and 5th Divisions, [PDF] [JPG] Detail of No. 18, 4th and 5th Divisions, [PDF] [JPG] Detail of No. 18 Periphery, [PDF] [JPG] Detail of No. 18 Periphery, [PDF] [JPG] Detail of No. 14 and No. 18, [PDF] [JPG] Detail of No. 14, Headquarters, [PDF] [JPG] Detail of No. 14, Prisoner Housing, [PDF] [JPG] Detail of No. 14, Prisoner Housing, [PDF] [JPG]

Kwan-li-so No. 22, Haengyong, North Hamgyong Province Annotations: AHN Myong Chol (taken from the Far Eastern Economic Review) Overview, [PDF] [JPG] Detail of Northern Haengyong, [PDF] [JPG] Detail of Southern Haengyong, [PDF] [JPG] Detail of Haengyong Headquarters, [PDF] [JPG] Detail of Chungbong Mine, [PDF] [JPG]

Kyo-hwa-so No. 1, Kaechon, South Pyong-an Province Annotations: JI Hae Nam, LEE Soon Ok, [PDF] [JPG]

Sinuiju Detention Center, North Pyong-an Province Annotations: Former Prisoner , [PDF] [JPG]

Nongpo Detention Center, Chongjin, North Hamgyong Province Annotations: Former Prisoner, [PDF] [JPG] http://www.hrnk.org/hiddengulag/pdf/Haengyong_MapC_North.pdf -- Michael Pugliese