[lbo-talk] REMINDER: WEDNESDAY, July 28: Join NoSpray Coalition in Court

mitchelcohen at mindspring.com mitchelcohen at mindspring.com
Mon Jul 26 21:42:16 PDT 2004

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

As the NY City government gears up for its pesticide-spraying season, the No Spray Coalition heads into court to stop it.

In fact, we're making a Federal Case out of it!

Join the No Spray Coalition in Court

Wednesday, July 28, 2004 Come at 10 a.m. for the Press Conference 40 Centre Street (at Foley Square) Judge Daniels' courtroom, Rm. 618 City Hall area, New York City

*******************************

The No Spray Coalition Fighting to stop the reckless spraying of pesticides

Please send desperately needed funds to:

P.O. Box 334 Peck Slip Station New York, NY 10272-0334

or use your credit card by filling out the coupon on the website at <http://www.nospray.org/>www.nospray.org

Hotline: (718) 670-7110 Listserve: sprayno at yahoogroups.com Website: <http://www.nospray.org/>www.nospray.org Email: mitchelcohen at mindspring.com

The No Spray Coalition is fighting an uphill battle fighting for clean air and water against the unlimited financial resources of the government and the corporate contractors benefiting from the mass-spraying of toxic pesticides. As one health writer, Arnold Gore, put it, "Without the No Spray Coalition's unstinting effort nobody would be bringing this important issue to the attention of the corporate-dominated media that always finds another story to be more 'newsworthy'. Now they will have their day in Court and the City must take their complaints seriously."

The No Spray Coalition needs your help. YES, come to Court. YES, hand out leaflets and speak out at public meetings against the new round of spraying this year. And YES, give us the funds we need to continue the fight.

Now that this effort is coming around the home stretch, we need funds to see it through. Please send checks to No Spray Coalition PO Box 334, Peck Slip Station New York, NY 10272-0334

or use your credit card by filling out the coupon on the website at <http://www.nospray.org/>www.nospray.org

As always, thank you very much. Together, we are indeed changing the world.

- Mitchel Cohen, for the No Spray Coalition