[lbo-talk] Why isn't Kerry surging past Bush right now?

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Tue Jul 27 16:57:26 PDT 2004

On Jul 27, 2004, at 6:50 PM, Chuck0 wrote:

> Because Bush is the incumbent conservative. Why change leaders when
> the primary alternative is just a new face of conservatism with better
> hair?

Or as I would put it, not a lot of swing voters see a good reason to change leaders yet, even though they would probably like to get rid of Shrub.

The Big K had better give them a reason or two pretty soon. If it is true, as the rumor has it, that a large segment of the ruling class wants regime change, they might even be up for pulling some dirty tricks on Shrub to grease his path back to Crawford, though I can't imagine what they'd be.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ When I was a little boy, I had but a little wit, 'Tis a long time ago, and I have no more yet; Nor ever ever shall, until that I die, For the longer I live the more fool am I. -- Wit and Mirth, an Antidote against Melancholy (1684)