[lbo-talk] Belief in hell boosts economic growth

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Wed Jul 28 07:07:36 PDT 2004

From: DeborahSRogers

Geez, I guess this makes me doomed to eternal poverty...

Report: Belief in hell boosts economic growth By ALISTER BULL Reuters News Service

WASHINGTON -- Economists searching for reasons why some nations are richer than others have found that those with a wide belief in hell are less corrupt and more prosperous, according to a report by the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.

^^^^ CB: I can't wait for Doug's critique of this. Less "wrongdoing" in the U.S. ? Why are the prisons so full ?