[lbo-talk] Future of Demo Party?

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Jul 28 09:30:58 PDT 2004

Charles Brown wrote:

>CB: Isn't Soros a follower of Karl Popper who wrote critically of Hegel ?

Yup.

>That would make the quasi-Hegelese a twist.

It's a pretentious load of crap, is what it is. The prose is ludicrous.

> I guess S is an eclectic,
>OPENminded. Is he a "contrarian" or is that different ? Contrariness is
>sort of Hegelly too. Seems his finance theory has been verified , not
>falsified.

Oh, it has - betting against extremes of sentiment can be a way to "beat the market." But there's a serious timing problem, since as I said to Joanna yesterday, trends often go on far longer than you could ever imagine possible. So you've got to have deep pockets & nerves of steel.

Doug